The public’s perception of the harms of magic mushrooms is in line with science — but not with the lawpsypost.org
- Psilocybin, found in magic mushrooms, is considered by people to be less dangerous than alcohol, tobacco, and other substances.
- However, the group was recruited among followers of drug-use related websites and social media pages, so it’s not representative of all people.
- Those who have used magic mushrooms reported it to be the least dangerous substance compared to prescription painkillers, tobacco, alcohol, cocaine and more.
- But the laws show a completely different picture, with psilocybin generally classified as a harmful drug.
- New studies show therapeutic benefits, and decriminalization slowly spreads to different countries, lawmakers should realize that psilocybin can be beneficial.