Survey of entity encounter experiences occasioned by inhaled N,N-dimethyltryptamine: Phenomenology, interpretation, and enduring effectsjournals.sagepub.com
- New study hints that N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (known as psychedelic DMT) experiences bring positive changes to people’s lives.
- 2561 people with mean age of 32 years, 77% male, responded to an online survey and shared their single most memorable entity encounter after taking DMT.
- The way most study participants described it is very similar - that they met a guide, spirit, alien or helper.
- Even though 41% felt fear, the most prominent emotions were love, kindness and joy, and a lot of participants say they stopped being atheist after the experience.
- They also rated their experiences after DMT as the most insightful lifetime experience that brought long-term positive changes and meaning to their lives.