- Chinese scientists publish data on the mission Chang'e-4 that landed in a crater at the south pole of the moon.
- According to the published information, the lunar mantle is composed mainly of pyroxene and olivine.
- These chemical elements were detected by means of spectroscopic sensors installed in the spaceship.
- Researchers expect to confirm this information by analyzing samples that will be brought to earth in a future mission.
- Psychedelic substances can be beneficial to beat alcoholism reveals an investigation conducted at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- The article published in the Journal of Psychopharmacology indicated that 83% of the participants of the study changed their lifestyle and reduced or stopped the consumption of alcohol.
- The penetrating psychological experience that causes psilocybin can be the cause of success that helps reduce alcoholism, says the author of the article.
- The results of this research suggest that psychedelic drugs may be helpful in beating other additions and psychological disorders.
- Using machine-learning to make sense of millions of direct observations, researchers have visualized the “wood wide web” for the first time ever.
- This web is a complex network of underground mycorrhizal fungi (plant symbiotes), roots and bacteria which connect plants to one another.
- It exists under every forest and wood, and scientists are studying it because of its’ role in climate change.
- The first global map of the "wood wide web" will support efforts like the UN’s trillion tree campaign, as it shows what type of trees to plant in different areas of the world.
- New psychological study suggests that women hold exclusive power over the frequency of sex in relationships.
- And how often they want to have sex depends exclusively on how passionate their relationships are.
- It turns out that no other factors - happiness, level of commitment, intimacy, trust - are as important as passion.
- The study included 92 couples aged 19 to 30, who have been together from one month to nine years.
- However these findings probably don’t apply to all cultures, just those in which gender equality and female sexual control prevail.
- Environmental pollution, climate change, and overfishing have caused the destruction of more than half of the world's coral reefs.
- However, a group of researchers has found in Hawaii a species of coral that can withstand warmer and more acidic waters.
- Scientists believe that the discovery of these "supercorals" represents a hope to preserve a part of the reefs that still remain in the oceans.
- Nonetheless, the study suggests that if the impact of climate change and environmental pollution does not diminish, coral reefs will disappear from the planet.